Saturday, December 26, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR


Well I can finally show the necklace that I made for my Sister.  She opened it Christmas day at my Mother's house and although I wasn't there to see her expression she called later and said she liked it.  It was my favorite and I made several different necklaces.  It is made with fresh water pearls in the warm color they call chocolate..  I liked it so much I bought two other colors and want to make more now that the Christmas rush is over.  These are 10 mm. Pearls and just breathtaking with Chrystal beads as the focal. The over all length is about 18 inches, and each pearl is knotted on each end. They are fun to make.

4 comments:

Vicki/Jake said...

I'm finally catching up on blogs. What a beautiful gift for your sister. I need a sister like you!!
Hope your Christmas was wonderful. Oh, and your last post was a fun one too...love the lights!

Pearl said...

The necklace is really nice and I bet sis was thrilled. I tried a little jewlery making but my hands just won't let me do it. Oh well at least I can do other crafts. Take Care, Pearl

roc said...

hope you had a wonderful holiday! your necklace is gorgeous. i couldn't imagine anyone not loving it!

Cathy said...

lovely necklace! i love the chocolate color. hope you have a wonderful artful new year!