Friday, August 22, 2008

Creative Cropping


You haven't seen the last of my lily's yet.....They are grand this year.. so many blossoms. Maybe they liked that shade the smoke created or something. The white one has a big bud on it that I check every morning before I go to work. I can't wait for it to open. I hope it isn't windy. When taking this pink one, I had to hold the top bud so it wouldn't move in the wind. Pretty tricky, to hold it and shoot at the same time. Wasn't sure what I would get. I really cropped out a lot of background, mostly the peeling paint of my 100 year old house. Beauty is all around us, look for the little things. Diane

2 comments:

roc said...

your flowers are gorgeous!

Jan said...

Lilies are so beautiful and cropped close up like this shows their beauty to perfection.