Saturday, October 4, 2008

Pretty Scary

Halloween is starting to show up on so many of the sites that I frequent.....I have never been very in to Halloween, never really liked dressing up. Looking back I don't think my family was very into it, tho I have found a couple of pictures of me in costume, two to be exact. One with my brother when I was two years old and the other when I was about eleven or so.

Things were different about 12 years ago thanks to a friend named Carol....she loved the holiday and was so into it, she actually pulled me in. She had me dressing up in all sorts of crazy outfits. Just because she had such fun, and was such a fun person. I think she had half the town dressing up on the 31st. they went to work that way and went a little further then they would have, except for knowing her. This went on for several years, each one of us trying to surprise her with our creativity. Then Carol moved to Idaho. We talked on the phone a lot those first few years and then as time went on, not so much.

Carol passed away a couple of months ago. Very sudden and unexpected. I can finally talk about it without breaking down. But this Halloween will be sorta sad. I am glad I called her those last few days, I didn't know what to say. You want to give hope when you know they have given her maybe 3 weeks to a month....Still it was good to hear her voice.

No comments: