Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Art Gives Me Wings





Chunky Bird Book made to trade. I made 6 of these little guys. They are 7.75" long by 2" deep. Everyone in the group has a different idea on how to display them when they arrive at our doorstep. Some people are going to put them together in a chunky book and some are making a garland and others still a mobile. I can't wait to see my returns and I still have a couple to make before I mail them off. I am leaning more to a book. I think this was a fun idea and I really enjoyed making them, hummmm wonder what is next on my list of things to do.. Art On..Diane

7 comments:

purplecat said...

These have turned out great- I think I like the yellow one best, I love that he has something in his mouth!

roc said...

your birds are awesome!

Unknown said...

Such great birds! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Glad to meet you ... at least blog meeting : )

Books + Arts = Book Arts said...

i love the one with the overall clip!!!

Kathy said...

Thanks for your very sweet words on my blog, so much love from everyone... touches my heart more than you know.

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Hi miss Diane. I am still in Missouri but trying to start catching up on everyone before I get back. The birds are just gorgeous. I'm not in the swap but if I got your birds I would have to have them out on display somehow - too pretty to put in a book!

Congratulations to you and your husband. Behind every good firefighter is a good brave partner too! You are so proud I am sure and you should be. What an honor. I have so much appreciation and admiration for firefighters and police officers and EMTs and military personnel and all those that do such brave and difficult work for all of the rest of us.

I heard about the thunderstorms in SoCal too - my daughter texted me from school saying it was a bit scary. Having grown up in the midwest, I have come to miss a good thunderstorm now and then and now that I'm back in the midwest we haven't had any to speak of here and I missed a good one out there! But, it's not so welcome there I guess with the potential for fire. I dread this summer and fall.

Well, hope you are well. I miss all of you all and your lovely work but hopefully I'll be on track here soon.

marsha

katilady said...

these are fab!