Sunday, June 7, 2009

Strange Weather


Strange weather here of late. We have had about two weeks worth of pouring rain and lighting storms and hail. I mean it was fierce. The rain came down in buckets, so hard you couldn't see across the street. I don't plant a garden but I did wonder how the gardens were doing here. I am sure that they had a set back with the cool weather and of course hail can be very damaging to all the work that goes into the process. Growing a garden in the mountains is always a challenge, which is why I gave it up years ago, when my fist size tomatoes froze on the 4th. of July
I did manage to get a picture of our Purple Locust tree which was loaded with flowers this year. And just imagine how it looked before the storms, it was amazing and still beautiful. Have a colorful weekend. DIANE

No comments: